Interfaith Voices with MAUREEN FIEDLER
Interfaith Voices is an independent public radio show fostering interfaith understanding by providing engaging conversation about religion, across many traditions and beliefs. The program explores how faith intersects with culture, public policy, and the news of the day. As the nation’s only public radio show exclusively about religion, IV is a vital source of knowledge about how religious belief shapes our world.
The show was born just three days after 9/11, when a feisty nun got the idea to host a multi-faith panel on religion and terrorism, live on the radio. The phones rang off the hook, and it became clear that listeners were hungry for informed, respectful dialogue on religion in the public square. IV carries on that mission today with its weekly show…led by that same unstoppable nun-turned-radio host, MAUREEN FIEDLER.
IV strives to:
- educate the public about the religious and ethical issues behind the headlines
- explore the mystery of spiritual experience
- welcome guests and listeners from a wide diversity of traditions, including those with no religion
- promote dialogue, especially on contentious moral topics
- present many faith traditions and points of view – faithfully, clearly and compellingly
Interfaith Voices does not preach or proselytize, and is not affiliated with any religious organization. It is an independent public radio program, meaning it handles its own production and distribution. It also means it needs listener support; please support Interfaith Voices with a donation.
In: EDUCATION / PUBLIC AFFAIRS / SOCIETY & CULTURE